John Moxely is one of the most popular wrestlers out there. And as we were informed by the latest WWE News Jon Moxley made a move from WWE Raw to AEW or All Elite Wrestling. But unlike most other wrestling superstars, Moxely is not categorised under the strongest and biggest. But what Moxely lacks in physique, he makes up efficiently in terms of strength and stamina by sweating for hours in the gym. It is a rumor that we may see a fight between John Moxley and Kenny Omega in AEW All Out.

I’m not going to throw off 27 people over the rope at one time, but I am prepared to be pounded on for 60 minutes or so“.

At 6 feet 4 inches tall, Moxely is still one of the most intimidating wrestlers. It’s just that he is not as buffed up and pounded as most of them.

Dean works out for five days a week at the gym unlike the traditional six day regime. Also these five days are not continuous. He works out for three days straight, followed by two days off and then continues for another two days to end his training for a week.

John Moxely’s Weekly Workout Chart


Day 1 Chest
Day 2 Biceps and Triceps
Day 3 Shoulder
Day 4 Legs
Day 5 Back


Day 1: Chest


Exercise Sets X Reps
Low Cable Crossovers 4 sets x 15 reps
Dumbbell Bench Presses 4 sets x20 reps
Barbell Bench Presses 4 sets x20 reps
Dumbbell Flies 4 sets x 15 reps
Butterfly  4 sets x 25 reps


Day 2: Biceps and Triceps


Exercise Sets X Reps
Barbell Curls 4 sets x20 reps
Hammer Curls 4 sets x20 reps
Cable Preacher Curls 4 sets x20 reps
Dips Machines 4 sets x20 reps
Decline EZ Bar Triceps Extensions 4 sets x20 reps


Day 3: Shoulders


Exercise Sets X Reps
KettleBell Press 4 sets x20 reps
Arnold Dumbbell Press 4 sets x15 reps
Barbell Rear Delts Rows 4 sets x15 reps
Clean and Jerks 4 sets x15 reps


Day 4: Legs


Exercise Sets X Reps
Standing Weight Calf Raises 5 sets x15 reps
Hack Squats 4 sets x15 reps
Leg Presses 4 sets x20 reps
Squats 4 sets x15 reps


Day 5: Back


Exercise Sets X Reps
Inverted Rows 4 sets x20 reps
Back Extensions 4 sets x20 reps
Barbell Deadlifts 4 sets x20 reps
Bent Over Arm Long Bar Rows 4 sets x15 reps


Dean Ambrose’s Diet Plan

As we know that workout regimes account only for about 30% of an athlete’s training. The rest 70% is contributed by a strict diet and a healthy lifestyle.  Jon as evident is not too crazy about the skin-show or display of the body if you may. He loves his food. He knows that he is not the most chiseled wrestler out there and he is fine with it. He takes good care of his health and monitors his meals so that he is fully charged for the ring-time. His

meals rich in protein and carbs. Salad also makes a significant amount of his daily meals and it’s usually combined with a hearty bowl of soup. He almost eats anything he likes but makes sure to burn it off at the gym later.